Monday, November 18, 2013

Replace Your Toxic Dryer Sheets

For a while now I have been looking for a way to get that fresh out of the dryer smell without using toxic dryer sheets. I won't go into all of the reasons why commercial dryer sheets are awful for our homes and the environment, but you can read more here 

I tried out a few options and I found that I like these felted wool dryer balls from Bog Berry:








They are very easy to use, require no maintenance, and seem to last indefinitely! Dryer balls can reduce your drying time and of course they work beautifully with essential oils! My favorite is Evergreen Woodland Blend, but you can use any essential oil that you like. 

I generally use 5 drops of oil on a few of the balls for a total of 10-15. Avoid think resinous oils such as pure cedarwood so that your dryer balls dont develop stains. I also tend to avaid pure citrus oils because the scent tends to fade very quickly- even though they smell wonderfull for a little while. These are a few of my favorite combinations:

Fir 5 drops
Peppermint 5 drops

Geranium 5 drops
Cypress 5 drops

Pine 2 drops
Fir 3 drops
Eucalyptus 5 drops

Cypress 5 drops
Eucalyptus 5 drops

Fir 10 drops
Lemon 5 drops

I would love to know what your favorite blend is!


No comments:

Post a Comment